Categories are commonly used to break down your resources within a project. Doing this helps to better organize and manage your workforce while they are on a job.
Examples of commonly used categories:
- Roles/Job Titles
- Scope of Work
How to Create Categories
Categories are specific to individual projects, therefore must be created within each project.
- From the Project Page, select the project you'd like to create a category for and the project's details page will open.
- Scroll down and locate the Categories section on the left side of the page.
- Select New and name your category, then Save.
How to Create Subcategories
Subcategories can be created and nested under Categories within a Project area. This can further help with breaking down a project and its resources.
To create a Subcategory:
- Navigate to your desired project's Details Page
- Select Edit, then select the gear icon next to the specific category you wish to create the Subcategory for.
Below is an example of some subcategories used in a project. The category is Job Title and the subcategory is North Lot.
Tip: Categories are expandable and collapsible. Your categories will need to be expanded when assigning people to them from the Resource Bench.
Thank you for reading this support article. Please refer to the support library for regularly updated support documents.