The Project Page is a list view of every Project within the Group you are currently viewing. You can make your Project Page more efficient by utilizing the Sorting and Filtering capabilities. This article will show you how to do so.
Sorting on the Projects Page refers to the order in which the list is presented. By default, the Project Page is sorted in alphabetical order based on Project names.
Display your preferred Project information by adding and removing items from the Columns Bar. Learn how to customize your Columns Bar HERE.
In the Columns Bar, each field that has the capability to sort includes a Carrot Icon next to the word. A carrot appearing in orange indicates that it is the one currently sorting the page.
- To sort your Projects by a specific Column, select the Carrot Icon
- Once a Carrot Icon is in use, select it again to reverse the list order. A carrot pointing upward is sorting in standard order (A-Z, high-to-low, etc.), while a downward pointing carrot indicates the reversed order
The order in which each Column is sorted is determined by the units of the Column.
- Worded units are sorted in A-Z format or reversed to Z-A
- Name, City, State, Project Roles, etc.
- Numerical units are sorted from high-to-low or revered to low-to-high
- Project Number, Postal, Start/End Date, Bid Rate, etc.
While Sorting is used to rearrange your list, Filtering is used to narrow down the list. To add a filter to the Project Page:
- Select the Funnel Icon in the upper left corner of the page
- Select your filter of choice then select the blue checkmark to apply
- Bid Rate: show only the Projects that are Less Than, Less Than or Equal To, Equal To, Greater Than or Equal To, or Greater Than the entered value
- Est. End Date/Start Date: show Projects with the respective date that is On, On or Before, or On or After the selected date
- Percent Complete: show Projects that are Less Than, Less Than or Equal To, Equal To, Greater Than or Equal To, or Greater Than the entered completion percentage
- Status: choose to see only the Active, Pending or Inactive Projects
- Tags: show only the Projects that hold a desired Tag
- Project Role: only show projects with a certain resource set as a designated Project Role
- Any Custom Fields set up for Projects with Enable Use as Filter selected
- Filter to show Projects that are not applicable to the selected filter by choosing Doesn't Match before applying the filter
When using multiple Tags as filters on the Project Page, you can apply them using AND/OR logic.
- AND filters will show the Projects that contain all of the currently filtered Tags
- OR filters will list every Project that holds at least one of the Tag filters in play
Check out this article for a detailed explanation and instructions on AND/OR filtration.
Click HERE to watch the video relating to this article.
Thank you for reading this support article. Please refer to the support library for regularly updated support documents.