Notification Profiles allow you to create groupings of notifications which can then be assigned to the appropriate people in order to automatically notify them when certain actions occur in LaborChart. Notifications can include many things such as Assignments and Requests being created, to Tags coming up on expiration. This article will show you how to set them up.
To begin, navigate to the Settings Page and select the Notification Profiles tab on the left side menu.
Here you will see Notification Profiles and Notification Thresholds. The Profiles are what you will set up - you can have as many Profiles as you see fit for your company. The Thresholds determine when the notifications for Assignments and Requests will be sent out. In this example, the Threshold is three days prior to the beginning and ending of Assignments and Requests. Select the Threshold you desire then select Save.
Creating New Notification Profiles
Notification Profiles are customizable with 25 different notification types. Begin by selecting the blue New icon which will populate the Create Notification Profile modal. Name your Profile then begin selecting which notifications you'd like to include in this Profile.
The different notification categories are:
- People in User's Groups
- Projects in User's Groups
For Assignment and Request notifications, different associations are offered.
- User Created/Edited: will trigger a notification for the selected action on any Assignment/Request that the User has created or edited
- User's Projects: will trigger a notification for the selected action only if the User is assigned to the Project or if the User is assigned as a Project Role
- User's Groups: will trigger a notification for the selected action if the action is occurring in a Group that the User has access to
Once you have selected the desired notification options, Save.
Assigning Notification Profiles
In order for Users to begin receiving notifications, you must assign them to a Notification Profile.
To do so, this must be done in each individual User's details page.
- Locate the desired User
- Select Edit in their info section on the left side of the page
- Scroll down until you locate the Notification Profile drop down menu
- Choose the appropriate profile to assign them to
Please keep in mind that this option is only available for those with a Type set to User or Both. You will also notice a checkbox named Enable Mobile Notifications. If this is checked, that means the User is able to receive notifications via LaborChart's mobile application. For more information on the mobile application, see here.
Thank you for reading this support article. Please refer to the support library for regularly updated support documents.