Tags are specific criteria that can be created and added to both People and Projects in LaborChart in order to differentiate them. Tags can be Filtered in order to better organize and quickly find Projects and People that match your needs. This article will show you how to utilize Tags on the Boards Page.
No two People are alike and Tags can be used to show what makes one person unique or different from others. Tags can also help you keep track of differences in your workforce, which results in more efficient decision making when evaluating and scheduling your People.
Common use cases include, but are not limited to:
- You have a Project that must be staffed with individuals with certain skills, training, certificates or other attributes
- You would like to distinguish the Union for a person
From the Boards Page, you can filter Resources on your Resource Bench based on Tags that are associated with them.
To Filter the Resource Bench with a Tag:
- Select the Gear Icon located towards the top of the Resource Bench (on the left side of the page)
- Select the desired Tag(s) then select Apply
You can also view Tags when reviewing the details for a person.
- Select on the Initials of a person that appear on the left side of any Assignment Card or Resource Card to review the Tags associated with that person
Some Projects may require all assigned Resources to hold a specific Tag. When creating Assignments from the Boards Page, review the required Tags for a Project by looking within the details bar that appears under the Project's name.
Thank you for reading this support article. Please refer to the support library for regularly updated support documents.