Associating Tags with People and Projects is a great way to better organize, group and identify your information within LaborChart. Tags, unlike Custom Fields, are able to hold expiration dates which might prove useful when tracking things such as when an employee might need to attend a training, update a certificate, etc. This article will show you how to add an expiration date.
To add an expiration date to any Tag:
- First, you will need to activate expiration dates in your Settings Page
- In Settings, select the Tags tab from the left side menu
- To activate expiration dates for existing Tags, locate the desired Tag and select Edit
- For a Tag that has not yet been created, select New
- Within the Edit Tag modal, checkmark the Require Expiration Date box
- Enter the number of days you would like a warning before the Tag expires
- This will come into use when downloading the Tags Requiring Action Report
- Select Save
Now that the Tag requires an expiration date, it can be applied to your Resources.
Applying the Tag
- First, navigate to the Resource's Details Page and scroll down to the Tag section on the left side of the page
- Select the New button to add a new Tag
- Next, select the desired Tag and you will be prompted to enter an expiration date
- Enter the expiration date and select Save
Thank you for reading this support article. Please refer to the support library for regularly updated support documents.