Utilizing Custom Fields can provide a more detailed LaborChart experience by allowing you to categorize information for Projects and People within your company. This article will show you how to create Custom Fields.
If you would like to activate Custom Fields for your account, please contact the LaborChart support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
To create a Custom Field, you will first navigate to the Settings Page and select the Custom Fields tab located on the left side of the page. Then, select the New button in the upper right corner of the page.
The Custom Fields modal will populate where you can enter the Name, Field Type, Description, and whether it should be available to People, Projects or both.
- Text: (can filter) Enter words or short phrase in your People or Project details
- Number: (can filter) Enter a number or numbers in your People or Project details
- Drop Down: (can filter) Enter a list of options to select from
- Multi-Select Drop Down: (can filter) Enter a list of options in which more than one can be chosen
- Date: (can filter) Select a date on your People or Projects page
- Checkbox: (can filter) Select a checkbox to mark yes or no
- Color: (cannot filter) Add another distinguishing color to a Person or Project
- Paragraph Text: (cannot filter) Enter a large set of words into a Person or Project details
- Paragraph Text is not available to use as a column on the Project or People Pages
- Currency: (can filter) Enter a dollar amount
When selecting a Drop Down or Multi-Select Drop Down, you will need to enter the Drop Down options before selecting Save to create the new Custom Field.
Thank you for reading this support article. Please refer to the support library for regularly updated support documents.