Knowing Time Off for your people is very helpful when managing your workforce and filling Requests on Projects. This article will walk you through how you can view Time Off on the Gantt Page.
From the Gantt Page, Time Off can be seen as a multi-day view through the People Gantt.
To see who is taking Time Off on the Gantt Page:
- On the Gantt Page, select the People tab located in the upper left corner of the page
- Make sure your desired date range is set in the upper right corner of the page. Only Time Off that falls within this range will be shown
- The Resource's Time Off is displayed within their assignments field. Time Off will always be labeled "T.O. - (Reason)", along with a hatched assignment bar that extends the length of the Time Off.
In the example below, Addison appears to be taking time off for school:
The People Gantt also has the capabilities to hide all assignment data to make it easier to view the Time Off information. You can further filter down the page to hide every Resource that is not taking Time Off within the selected date range.
- Begin by selecting the Funnel Icon located in the upper left corner of the page
- Select the filter Only Show, then Time Off
- Select the blue Checkmark to activate the Filter
As shown below, the Filter has hidden all Assignment Color Bars and Project Names, while leaving the Time Off intact.
This makes it much easier to locate the Resources currently taking Time Off. However, this list shows all Resources within the Group. To easily condense this list:
- Reopen the Filter list using the Funnel Icon
- Select Hide Empty People, then True
- Activate this Filter with the blue Checkmark
The People Gantt now displays only the Time Off information, without any Assignment Information or People that do not have Assignments.
Thank you for reading this support article. Please refer to the support library for regularly updated support documents.