The Boards Page provides you with the opportunity to view your People and Projects as well as make new assignments with ease. There are two different methods that can be used to create individual assignments on the Boards Page which will be reviewed in this article.
Drag and Drop
This is the first method for creating an individual assignment on the Boards Page.
- Proceed to the Boards Page and find your desired resource in the Resource Bench (located on the left side of the page)
Click+hold on the resource card
Drag it into the desired project field and release
You can also drop it onto a workforce request card
When the resource card is placed, the Assignment Details modal will automatically populate.
- Enter all of your desired assignment details, such as the assignment duration, working days, start and end times, etc.
- Choose to either Save or Save & Alert the assignee
Choosing Save creates the assignment and shows you the Gantt view of the assignment details. If the details are correct, select Close.
- Hover your cursor over the assignment bar to populate the assignment details at the bottom of the modal
Choosing Save & Alert automatically takes you to the Assignment Alert modal. This is where you will edit the recipients and content of the message. You can choose to send the alert now, schedule it for a future time or save it as a draft.
This is the second method for creating an individual assignment on the Boards Page.
- Go to the Boards Page and choose a resource from the Resource Bench (located on the left-hand side of the page)
- Hover over your chosen resource card and a mini Gantt icon will appear on the right side of the resource card
- Select the Gantt icon to bring up the desired resource's Gantt view
- To create an individual assignment, select the New button in the top-right corner
- If the resource is already assigned to another project, their assignments will be represented here by different colored bars
- Select a project from the drop down menu
- Enter your desired assignment details
- Choose to either Save or Save & Alert
Note: Once the assignment has been created, the resource assignment card will only be visible in the project field when you are viewing a date that falls within the assignment date's range.
Click HERE to watch the video relating to this article.
Thank you for reading this support article. Please refer to the support library for regularly updated support documents.