The People Page contains a wealth of information, as it is the home base for every Resource within your company. With so much information in one place, the purpose of this article is to show you how to make your People Page more manageable by utilizing the Sorting and Filtering capabilities.
Sorting on the People Page refers to the order in which the list is represented. By default, your People Page will always be sorted in alphabetical order of the names of your People. Utilize the Columns Bar located in the upper right corner of the page to choose how you want your people sorted. Learn more about customizing your Columns Bar here.
In the Column Bar, each field that has the capability to sort will include a Carrot Icon next to the word. The Carrot Icon appearing in orange indicates that that field is the one currently Sorting the page.
- To Sort your people by a specific column, select the Carrot Icon
- Once a Carrot Icon is in use, select it again to reverse the list order. A Carrot Icon pointing upwards is sorting in standard order (A-Z, high-to-low, etc.), while a downwards pointing Carrot Icon indicates the revered order.
The order in which each column is sorted is determined by the units of that column.
Worded units are sorted in A-Z format, or reversed Z-A
- Name, Current/Nest assignment, Status, City, State, etc.
Numerical units are sorted from high-to-low, or reversed low-to-high
- Employee ID, Project number, Postal, Hourly Wage, etc.
Note: Job Title is the only worded unit not sorted alphabetically. The order of the list is based on the hierarchy of Job Titles within your Settings Page.
While Sorting is used to rearrange the order of your list, Filtering is used to narrow down the list. Filter options include Job Titles, Person Type, Status, Tags, Wage, and any Custom Fields that you have set up.
To add a Filter to the People Page:
- Select the Funnel Icon in the upper left corner of the page
- Select your filter of choice from the Drop-Down list, then select the blue checkmark to apply the filter
The filtered list will automatically display only those who posses the applied filter.
You can also Filter the page to show anyone who does NOT possess the applied Filter. For example, if I want to see a list of all my people who do not hold the Osha 10 Tag, I would:
- Select the Funnel Icon
- Select the desired Filter, then select Doesn't Match
- Apply the Filter with the blue Checkmark
The applied Filter will appear in a red bubble when Doesn't Match is in use.
Click HERE to watch the video relating to this article.
Thank you for reading this support article. Please refer to the support library for regularly updated support documents.