The People Gantt now includes two configuration options to view the Percent Allocation details for every assignment within the current Group.
This article will provide overall information and instructions on configuring and viewing Percent Allocation assignments within the People Gantt view.
Viewing Percent Allocation
The first configuration option is percent allocation as the Totals Cell Units.
With this configuration, the totals cells for each person will be displayed as a percentage. The cells will show the sum of all percentages for each assignment that the resource is assigned to.
This is a useful feature for catching overlooked mistakes in your manpower management.
In the example below, you can see that Aaron's total percent allocation is at 75%, rather than the desired 100%. This means that there are two hours of each day (25%) that Aaron is not producing, while Abigail is overworked, turning her totals cells red.
The second configuration option is percent allocation as Assignment Color Bars.
With this feature, the assignment color bar for each resources' assignment(s) is configured to display the percent allocation for the specified project.
Once selected, the percent allocation color bars will be displayed in green, with the specific shade of green dependent on the percentage allocated to the assignment.
The darkest shade of green denotes 100% allocation, with the shade becoming lighter as the percentage decreases.
In the example below, you will see Abigail's cascading shades of green on her 3 assignments, with:
- Denver Psychiatric Center - 50% Allocation
- Ground Hub - 30% Allocation
- Purple Line Expansion - 20% Allocation
The assignment color bars will also denote when a resource is over assigned, using shades of red.
In the example below, Aaron's assignment at the Denver Psychiatric Center project has him working 12 hours per day; thus, displaying the color bar in a dark red.
Applying Percent Allocation
To apply Percent Allocation to the totals cells:
- Begin by clicking the Configure button, located on the right-hand side of the search bar
- Select the Allocation option underneath the Totals Cell Units category.
- Click the blue Apply button to save the configuration and refresh the page.
To apply Percent Allocation to the assignment color bars:
- Open the configuration modal by clicking the Configure button next to the search bar.
- Select Allocation % within the Project Bar Colors drop-down.
- Click Apply to save the configuration and update the page.